Saturday, December 11, 2010

I going home. home is whenever Im with you!

Oh my god I will never ever forget that song. Last year after the Air Force race weekend Jon Hamlen put that song on repeat for literally 6 hours in what was, to this date, the best van ride ever. Thats pretty much all I can say to describe it but those words sure have a deeper meaning.

Although, literally, I get to go home soon. One more week in this cold, social-lifeless town. I had planned originally to leave on Monday, but after finding out today actually just how bad I am, I've decided to give it another week here before I go home and get fat on beer and cookies.

Yesterday I secured an apartment in Tuscon for the beginning of January. For the first time I am headed out for winter training with two of my best friends, Ben Zawacki and Colin Jazzerwitz (I'm not really sure how to spell his name but he is really fuckin polish). Every year it has been a solo trip, and I am really really really cracked on traveling by myself.

Other than that fact that I am pushing 2% less power at threshold now than I was at the beginning of the year, I feel like things are starting to come together for 2011 to be another year of great successes in cycling for me.

Sadly the things that I do on the bike are only a small fraction of the challenges of living this lifestyle, and right now it seems like all things have gone wrong. Relationships in particular, all the traveling makes it very hard to keep important ones strong, and it makes it impossible to start new ones.

I'm looking forward to the spring because Kenda has provided me with the means to be able to get my own apartment, and I hope that I'm able to go back home to Vermont. Its been way too long.

As so now, I'm in a little emotional rut but life cant stop because of I'm sad. Its definitely time to just sack up and do what I have to do to show I deserve what I've been given.



This fine gem was courtesy of Tim Jackson over at Masi Bicycles! things fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment